I am Seattle Traffic

Welcome to IamSeattleTraffic.org. Personal Responsibility is the Cure to the Commute.

I encourage you to read the Welcome post and to learn more about The Universal Goals of the Commute, Driving In Congestion, and Traffic Zen.

Some other fun ones are Pac-Manning, Don't Stop Moving, and The Flying V.

Spread the word by printing up a FREE poster or purchasing an attractive and informative bumper sticker. It will lead to more enlightenment.


Thursday, May 3, 2007

I'm the Transit Man

I received an email this morning from a Cab Driver:

Nice site, keep it up! I am a local cabdriver and very much agree with what you have written.


Well since I am getting credit for the writing, I thought I should take a moment to introduce myself. I'm the transit man, I run the Seattle Transit Blog and I collaborate here on I am Seattle Traffic. There are many ways to take responsibility for the commute, and simply not taking part as a driver the way I choose.

I take transit to work nearly everyday. Transit has nice side-effects for others. Because I am sharing my road space with other transit riders, I am not adding to traffic. Also, I am achieving my Primary Goals because the bus is safe, rides in the HOV line so it is fast, and since I am free of driving I arrive relaxed. Finally, I can realize my Secondary Goals of the commute without inconveniencing anyone else.

If you are in a position to do so, consider riding traffic and take responsibility for your part in traffic.

No comments: